Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tortilla Soup


Soups are one of my very favorite foods. There is nothing more comforting than a hot bowl of soup, accompanied by bread or crackers. And there is something so wholesome about them that you can almost feel the vitamins and nourishment being absorbed as you eat.

There are light soups and hearty soups, hot soups and cold soups, mild flavored soups and spicy soups. One of the most amazing thing about soups is what different results you can get starting with the same basic ingredients.

The soup I am sharing today is one of my favorites. It is basically a chicken and vegetable soup, brightened up with lime and black and red pepper flavors, and served over tortilla strips or corn chips. The recipe includes directions for making vegetable stock, but if you are pressed for time you can use prepared stock with great results.

So without further ado, here is my Tortilla Soup recipe and directions. I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do!

No comments: